Saturday, May 28, 2011

Baby Footwear...

 One of my daughter's Young Women leaders is having a baby shower today....she is having her first baby girl.  Said daughter informed me that we needed to get a gift.  I have had these little baby footwear patterns for a year now, but to CHICKEN to make them...imagine that.
 They are a bit fiddly to make, but I really enjoyed it!!  You first quilt the fabric, then cut them out and sew.  Free motion quilting is not my forte--but hey, I let loose last night on the feed dogs and went to town.  The quilting leaves much to be desired, but they are so small it doesn't matter.
The pattern shows a proper bow where I put the rosebuds.  I wanted rosebuds so I went Vanessa Christenson's blog to her ring tutorial and it was perfect for these little shoes.  If you need a baby gift or have adorable grandbabies, you can find the pattern here.  I was gigling quite a bit making these.  They are so adorable!!  There are also boy footwear patterns available on her website that are adorable as well!!

4 comments:

Terri said...

They are adorable! and they look really comfortable as well. Good job!

Martha said...

These little shoes are so cute!! The rosebud is perfect.

marciea casselman said...

Those are so cute. Mom told me how fun they were. I am glad that you got the courage to make them up.

Nedra said...

The shoes turned out so cute! I have a pattern also, and just need to pull it out and get started. Great idea to add the rosettes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails